Sunday, August 12, 2012

Taco Holders

  I could write quite a bit, but I think I'll keep it short even though it's been almost 2 weeks since writing.  
  Friday week ago I got to have dinner with my sister-in-law and a couple of her colleagues. I felt a little bad for going because Kelly & the kids went to the truck pulls at the Adams County fair.  That is what Clayton wanted to go do for his birthday but he was okay with me not going.  That was honestly a first for us because she & I haven't really ever gone & done anything just the two of us.  (I know there were co-workers present, but they weren't with us the whole time.)  I really enjoyed getting the chance to talk & laugh!  We ate at a place that I probably wouldn't have ever eaten had I not gone with them and it wasn't half bad.  When they served the tacos they were in a taco holder!  Literally!  When I saw it all I thought was 'man the kids would love the taco holders'.  They always say we need holders for our tacos.  Anyways, after eating we headed back to their hotel where evidently there was a group of... well I'm not sure what they were, lets say Israelis, having some sort of gathering.  I don't think they thought very highly of us as we walking through the middle of the group as they exited their conference room.  We received lots of stares to say the least! (Well, I did since I didn't follow right behind some or go around the building with another and was walking ALONE!)  We all laughed and then thought we should have taken a picture!  HAH!  Now that all being said, I hope that we get opportunity to spend time together again & wish we would have more before the move!

  Kelly spent last week in Fort Worth for some training therefore it was just the kids & I.  It was definitely a rough week in deed.  After dropping him off at the air port I progressively got to feeling worse.  The kids were so super while I wasn't feeling up to par!  They continually asked if I was okay or if I needed anything.  We didn't do much of anything the whole week. (well, actually we did a lot, we just didn't leave the house much)  Abby did have a doctors appointment on Wednesday for her stomach and they did an x-ray of her abdomen.  We haven't heard back yet, but I go tomorrow to the same doctor so I will be asking.  Hopefully I can get this sinus/cold/cough/whatever it is cleared up!  So, staying home most of the week did allow me to tune into some webinars and do lessons for the kids schooling.  Abby received her books & materials on Friday & I think is getting excited! She & Clayton both had to complete 2 assessment test as well as a lesson/tutorial on how on-line school will work.  They officially start classes on the 20th!  

  Friday marked Kelly's return from training!  His flight got in about 8:20 pm which wasn't a big deal except that he finished his class up before lunch and had to sit in DFW until his flight because they didn't have an earlier flight he could change to.  :(  Hated that for him because I know it was horribly boring!  Yesterday was his birthday and we went to the Lone Star Steak House for lunch then later had blizzards!  It was all yummy, but I certainly am glad we don't do that on a regular basis because I think we all ate too much! 

  Tuesday my mother in law & a friend of hers are flying in for a week.  Looking forward to next Friday because we are heading to Wyoming!  It's so lovely & peaceful up in the Big Horn Mountains at Kelly's Aunt & Uncles place.  I could definitely get use to being up there, but know we must return.  However, things here are too shabby!  Weather in the morning & the evening is perfect for sitting on the porch/deck and just breathing in the fresh air.  (Any of our friends are welcomed to come experience it with us anytime!)

  Okay, so a little longer than I had anticipated, but hey!  This week will surely be great!  Will most likely blog sooner this week since we I do feel much better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment