It's already been a month that Kelly & I have been here. Doesn't seem like it. Haven't updated in a bit.
Last week was pretty good. On Wednesday I took Abby to Brighton Oasis, which is like a city pool but it has a couple of slides & a small lazy river. The cost getting in was pretty cheap too. We were there a couple hours & it was extremely crowded. I got a tad sun burned on my back, but other than that it was good. We took two of the dogs (left Pepper) walking one night and surprisingly Rex did better than expected. Also, we have been going on bike rides around the neighborhood regularly. It's not a long distance, but enjoyable. Thursday night (which is Kelly's Friday because he's off Friday & Saturday) he and Abby played washers in the garage and the neighbor came over and asked them to quiet down. HaHah... They were having their own little party together. They put the washers up and then Abby wanted to learn how to Dance. I'll say that was the sweetest thing ever, Kelly teaching Abby how to dance. It was a great daddy/daughter evening.
The weekend was nice. Kelly found a Jeep on Craigslist that he wanted and was in exceptionally good shape. (I'll try to post a picture later) So, we bought it! It's not perfect by any means, but it's already got a lift, new tires, runs good, & the interior is actually really clean considering how old it is. So, now we can go find something to crawl. (Per Kelly & Clayton) For Father's Day we got Kelly an electric edger. He said the dirt was different here & just eating up his weed-eater string. He wasn't actually here on Father's Day because he had to work, so we went to eat Monday night.
My Simply Said Convention is coming up and I'm getting more excited! I leave next Thursday and fly to Minneapolis. Never flown alone before, so that makes me a little nervous, but still excited. I'm really ready to get going with my business here! I've made a couple little things for our team that will be attending. (Wish my girls were getting to go. But, I understand.)
Here's one that I've done! It's tic tac's! Still working on a little saying to go on the inside, but it's so cute! Going to finish them up this week, then making "train key" necklaces! Can't wait! I've been needing to be crafty!
Oh yeah, we met some more neighbors. The girl next door to the right of us, her name is JaNina (okay, so I'm not exactly sure if that's how it's spelled, or if that is what her name was). Anyway, she's really nice & we also met her parents whom were also nice. She isn't married & doesn't have any kids. Then Friday night the guy across the street who we met before came over for a little while and talked. He isn't married either. His sister & brother-in-law have been staying with him (she's the one that complained about Kelly & Abby being loud). He has a dog that is his child. Kelly met the people that share part of our back yard. They live to the left, but the back of their yard meets our side yard. I'm not sure of their names, but they are about our age, maybe a little older. She gave the dogs a treat, now they have a friend! :)
The temperatures here have actually been high 90's and even 100. BUT, 100 here is not the same as a 100 in Texas that's for sure.
Can't wait to have visitors real soon!!! <3
(ooppps, forgot a funny)
So, Monday Abby & I decided to go for a bike ride to the convenient store. Well, her new bike had a flat tire from a thorn (actually a rather large sticker) so she had to ride her old bike. The store is about 2.5 miles I think. Not too bad because we've been riding at least 2 miles when we go riding and I figured we'd have a break while there. Well on the way back she was getting really tired and wanted to 'walk' her bike. Then I noticed her back tire was going flat, no wonder she was having a hard time. It's hard to ride a bike with a low/flat tire. And, it was pretty warm out. So, she starts walking her bike. Then low and behold guess who got a flat tire? Yep, ME! So, we both had to walk our bikes back to the house. Which ended up being a mile or so. We were both wore out by the time we got to the house. I had several of those thorn things in my front tire & then also in the back. UGH! Needless to say I don't think we'll be doing that again. Oh, and not just because of the flat tires. I say 6 (I think) snake skins on the side of the road on the way home. One was actually a dead snake, and where there are dead snakes and snake skins means there could be snakes. After I saw them my heart was racing even more! Anyone that knows me knows I DO NOT DO SNAKES! I asked Abby what she would have done had I seen a live one and passed out and guess what she said.... 'I'd run home and call daddy'. REALLY? I asked why she would just use my phone because it was right there, and she forgot. Then I was like, 'why would you call daddy and not 911?'. Her reply, 'well, daddy would get there fast'. Love her! After I explained that if she called 911 that they would come quicker she said 'I wouldn't have know how to tell them where we were'. She's always thinking! 'Good thing cell phones have GPS these days & they'd know where you were!' was my reply. Love her!
Oh, and got to face-time with Clayton, Grandma, & Papa tonight. And, Abby too (not my Abby) Glad she got an iPhone! Will definitely have do more frequently! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment