Saturday, June 9, 2012

This Week (6/4 - 6/8)

  Another week gone by!  Kelly was gone Sunday night and most the day Monday, and then again Wednesday he didn't get home until late.  He doesn't have to be gone usually overnight, but on occasion it happens.


  Last weekend we went to Ikea!  Yeah, I think I love that place.  We got Abby & Clayton both desk for their rooms, Abby a book shelf, us a mattress cover, duvet & cover, and some other things I don't remember.  We were there for like 4 hours I think, even ate lunch there.  Very cool store to say the least.  Sunday while Kelly was working, we went to Target for groceries.  I'm somewhat liking the super Target thing!  
  
  Monday we completed Abby's room!  (I need to post pictures)  Tuesday Abby & I ventured out to do a few things!  We had to go to the post office & mail Clayton his tube Kelly ordered because it was shipped here instead of to him.  He was worried to death I wasn't going to get it sent to him.  Then we went and saw Kelly at his office and hung a Simply Said in his office.  After we left there, we headed to the 16th Street Mall downtown Denver.  It's quite large, but honestly I wasn't real impressed.  I guess I prefer a more traditional mall.  There seemed to be a lot of restaurants and we weren't hungry.  We did finally find the 'pavilion' which we did do some shopping.  They had an H&M and I actually kind of like that store.  It's not too high priced & had cute stuff.  After walking 12+ blocks one way & then back Abby said her legs hurt.  (I need to condition her better!)  We picked Kelly up at work & headed out to the Denver Chophouse & Brewery to eat diner.  It was alright, but honestly not sure I'd return.  We ordered a cheese plate as an appetizer which consisted of 4 crackers, 4 small squares (1") of cheese (blue cheese, some pepper kind, gouda (I think), and some green one), then date jam, a few pecans, olives, and grapes.  Needless to say it was a total was of $12.  That's right $12!  I did eat quite a bit of the cheese, Abby the crackers and she tried some cheese, and Kelly the pecans.  I was sure it would be awesome since I LOVE cheese, oh well.  The steaks were decent and the mashed potatoes were actually really good.

  Wednesday night & Thursday night we had some pretty bad storms.  There were even tornados, but none too close to us.  Thursday on his way home from the office, Kelly was going to go buy me a bike I found that I liked, but it was sold.  So, we went to a different store & I found one that I liked.  I don't plan on being as big of a bike rider as a lot of the people around here, but I do enjoy riding.  Friday morning Abby & I went on a ride around the neighborhood.  Early that afternoon we all went to see 'Tornado Alley' in 3D at the IMAX theater in the Museum of Science & Nature.  It was pretty good, but not what we were expecting.  After leaving there we headed to Boulder to the Pearl Street Mall.  It's like the 16th Street Mall but not near a big, & more retail stores.  They also have street performers at almost every block.  We watched a guy, who I'd say was 50's maybe 60's, twist & bend himself into all softs of positions.  He even folded himself into a clear box that was 20"x20".  The mall was definitely a different experience.  However, we did eat at Old Chicago Pizza and WOW it was the best pizza!  


  Today, Saturday, we were going to go to the Flea Market but decided to just stay home.  We were invited to a cook out at one of the neighbors today.  It's an 'introduce the baby' get together.  We've only met the lady directly across the street, another guy whose side yard is across from us, & then a couple (the ones with the new baby) that live across the street & a house down.  Slowly but surely I know we'll meet people!  


  Next week we tackle Clayton's room!  (yeah, still haven't done that) 

No comments:

Post a Comment